26 August 2008

countdown to greece

I told myself that I had to wait until my trip to Greece was less than a month away before I was allowed to get excited about it. So, now that I am safely within that timeframe, here goes...

We start off the trip with a flight from Detroit to Newark to Athens. In Athens we will be staying at the Titania located between the old city's two main squares. We'll have a half-day guided tour of the city and the rest of the time there we are on our own to explore.

After spending time on the mainland in Athens we are off to two islands that are part of the Cyclades, one of the island groups of the Aegean archipelago.

For island #1 we hop a plane for Mykonos where we will be staying at the Yiannaki. Mykonos is famous for its nightlife and clothing optional (Paradise Beach) and anything goes (Super Paradise Beach) beaches. Naner and I will defintely hit the nightlife, but the family style beaches of Ornos (where our hotel is) is way more our style. Unless, of course, I somehow magically swap my bod with that of Jessica Biehl between now and then... :)

For island #2 we set sail from Mykonos to Fira, the main port of Thira (aka Santorini) where we will be staying in the *town* of Firostefani at the Nomikos Villas (I plan on spending a lot of time in that hot tub sipping spirits & gazing out over that magical blue Aegean Sea). While in Santorini we plan to visit *some* of the following wineries:
good thing we're going the public transportation route on the island--we just may be a little tipsy

I am still trying to finalize plans for a one day cooking school at Selene while on Santorini also.

If all goes wrong (b/c if all goes right I will be staying in Santorini as Jennifer Onasis-hahaha) we fly out of Santorini back to Athens and then back to the good ole USA.

In the mean time I am still trying to beg/borrow/steal a digital camera and suitable luggage for the trip. I'll keep you updated. :)

1 comment:

Em said...

I'll bring our older digital camera for you Thursday night, and you can decide whether or not it'd work for ya. :)