06 October 2008

gettin' caught up

Hi all. It has been awhile. Got too busy in the rush to get stuff situated before leaving for Greece to keep up with my bloggin', so now it is time to catch up.

This post is going to be all about catching up on your lives; I'll post about Greece when I have all my and nanner's pics uploaded and sorted--and when I'm a little more into the groove (I think my head is still in Amsterdam somewhere at this moment).

1 - Congrats to the Becky and family on Little Liam's safe arrival (he's one cute little dude). Also sending encouragement and support to your mom in her courageous battle with cancer. My best wishes and prayers go out to you!


2 - Congrats to the Czechoslavahouseskis on the safe arrival of Little Camille (she's one precious little lady). I hope everything works out regarding that job you interviewed for at the last minute Nicole, and that the family is getting settled into their new digs. I think I also missed a Happy Birthday in there somewhere too :(


3 - Congrats to my friends down south there on Timmy's slick negotiation skills. I've been following the news as best as I can and it sounds like the bank buy-out drama isn't over yet (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya). Also I'm sorry that I missed you on your eventful (i.e. exploding jeep story) journey back to MI.

4 - Congrats to the other southerners (but not for long) down there in KY (haha) that'll be heading back up to the great white north soon. Dee I hope the house hunting goes well--with the real estate market as it is you guys should have tons to choose from.

5 - Good vibes heading out east as Lara continues her job hunt--I know that perfect job is out there waiting for you to put all of your talents to use!

6 - Glad to hear the first ushering in of a TEENAGER! (OMG!!!--how does the time fly?) went well for Gaige. Wishing you all the best as you continue to adjust there as a family with little Elizabeth.

7 - Angie C. I skimmed thru my emails pretty fast, but I don't recall seeing any updates from you (I was probably blind), but wishing you the best all the same.

8 - Warmest wishes to my friends Mike and Aimee as they welcomed their 4th child into their home-- Little Marianne. I read Aimee's heartfelt email tale of going to pick up her new two year old daughter from her foster parents in Korea. I was bawling at my desk this morning like a lunatic. I get to go meet Marianne tomorrow--I'm sooo excited!!!



9 - A shout out to Em on the political front--I'm watching as much of the hoopla as I can stomach and I still have no idea how I'm going to vote. Did you get anything out of the Obama web cast?

10 - Congrats to my little pal JJ on spewing those new words at an exponential rate; what a hoot!

11 - Belated congrats to Angie M. on the announcement of her and Andy's impending arrival. I'm sure Sophie can't wait to be a big sister.




12 - Belated congrats to Michelle on her kick-butt triathalon abilities! You Rock!

13 - Happy belated birthday to my favorite furry nephew Sam--can't believe he's 1 already. I'll post pics from the doggy b-day party that Nanner's friend (Accessory Jen) threw for him complete with invites, presents and b-day cake.

(Sam and his pal Molly--Sam is the one licking Nanner's leg)



Ok, I think that brings me just about as up to date as I can be w/ ya'll. Until the big post(s) about Greece, here's some news to tide you over...

As you may have heard my automotive supplier company is once again going thru difficult times (as I think every business in the nation/world appears to be) and layoffs are imminent. A voluntary separation pkg was offered (that I was one service year shy of cashing in for the big $$$) which my boss signed up for, but was denied (he found that out the day I left for Greece btw). Translation, the company decided his role was vital and wasn't willing to let him go. Now if the trickle down effect applies I should be ok, but something about not counting chickens before they are hatched....

Also, right before we left Nanner found out her branch (dealing with global relocation and real estate) of a very large corporation was just sold to a Canadian company. It is unknown what this means for her job at this point--but we all know the shuffling that accompanies buy-outs, so keep your fingers crossed for her too. However, she says she'd be fine with losing her job--it would give her the final push to join the Peace Corps, something she's wanted to do for a while now. Oh well, only time will tell.

Until next time....
Peace out!
:)

No comments: