27 October 2008

hsm3 -> john denver -> euchre -> david addison

How can she ever tie all that together you may ask. Well, it makes perfect sense to me, but for those of you not privy to the inner workings of my gray matter, read on...

I was honored to be invited out to see HSM3 on its opening weekend this past weekend with my friend Chris and her munchkins Noah (6) and Brook (5). These kiddos are hard core Troy and Gabriella fans. They loaned me their HSM1 and HSM2 dvds a while back so that I could get caught up. I had to say--the first two movies were not much more than 'eh' in my book. I was much more impressed with this last installment. Not sure if I get to attribute that to better tunes, more interesting story lines, or the fact that Zephron is now 21 so it is no longer creepy that he is a Hottie McHotHot (term borrowed from Rallycat). Whatever the reason, we all had a blast.

I then went with Chris and munckins to run a few errands--one of them being a stop at Sam's Club. This is where John Denver comes into the picture. Being the dorks that we are, we have the tunes from the movie stuck in our heads and Chris checks to see if the soundtrack is in stock at the big box store. She is immediately drawn to a cd with a shaggy haired, shirtless man. She picks it up and is about to share with me that Zephron has his own cd out and he's wearing glasses on the cover...that is until she realizes she's holding a John Denver cd in her hands. I haven't laughed that hard in a while--it was a good story Chris, I just had to share it.

After I left my HSM3 crew I headed home to change clothes and pick up some wine, cheese, and crackers to take to a UofM/MSU football party I had been invited to at my friend G's house. By the time I got there, the game was over (the Spartans dominated...if only it were Gerard in his 300/King Leonidas getup...ahhh...), but the party was still in full swing. G and Sarah and Sarah's brother, Tom, and I stayed up way past our bedtimes playing euchre--it had been awhile since I played, but Tom and I were able to win both rounds, but I'm thinking G was at a disadvantage--having been partying far longer than I. Not to mention christening the bottle of ouzo that I brought him back from Greece. I had a lot of fun that night.

So, around rolls Sunday and after I awake with a slight headache (only 2-3 glasses of wine), I remember that I bought myself a pre-birthday present at the Sam's Club--the whole 'Moonlighting' tv series on dvd. Man, did I have a crush on David Addison (Bruce Willis) growing up. I vividly recall weekly begging my parents to let me stay up a half hour past my bedtime just so I could watch end of Moonlighting. So, I ended up couch potato-ing all Sunday smirking at how cute I still find the character of David Addison. :)

So that was my weekend.

Then I woke up this am to listen to the news that I missed. The shooting at the Univeristy of Central Arkansas... that poor young tv anchor losing her struggle to survive the savage beating she got in her own home ... that and the horrendous murders/kidnapping involving Jennifer Hudson's family. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. I'm thinking it may be better to just not watch the news. There is truth to that ignorance is bliss thing.

Before I sign off I want to:
*wish a swift and painless recovery to Jeremy
*let Em know that I'm thinking of her and praying for her
*congratulate Jamie on the GREAT news about her dad's health
*welcome Elaine back from her trip to the big apple

Say-yo-nay-ra for now

1 comment:

nmgrl said...

Happy Birthday this week. I can't remember the day!