18 July 2008

cosmic alignment

Let me begin by tying up a few loose ends from a couple of the more recent posts...

1) got my slideshow to work (which you can probably tell if you are reading this)

2) got my title bar to appear kinda how I want it to--I just need to tweak the anti-alias

3) as promised, pics of my home improvement project... I hung two painted glass representations of the works below (by artist T.C. Stuart)...in my sidelight next to my front entry...

Luminosity Rectangle



Luminosity Square



4) I FOUND MY PHONE-WOOO-HOOO!!! :)


On to new stuff. I joined my friend Helen and her older sister downtown last night for a nice dinner. We (along with a couple thousand other people) then went on to enjoy Holland's street performers (guitarists, jugglers, belly dancers, jazz bands, break-dancers, etc.). If I haven't said it before, man do I really love this town. I have never in my life seen such a diverse group of people coming together to just enjoy their community. 95 year olds in rascals, toddlers sucking their thumbs, teenagers having a free hug competition, families lounging in the small corner parks. People from every corner of the earth: Ghana, India, Honduras, Germany. It was so very cool and uplifting.

I bought a lovely necklace at The Bridge, our local fair trade retailer. I also got my first henna tattoo (aka Mehndi) from a street performer artist. I love it! I've always wanted to get a real tattoo, but I've never found anything that I think I would want 4-EVER--think the 'Sandlot'. (hmmm... this just might have something to do with my aversion to commitments...). Anywho, I plan on getting more henna tattoos in the future.

I also had the opportunity to meet up with friends Mike and Aimee and their brood, as well as friends Mike and Kathy and their son Marcelle. The latter will be leaving the great lakeshore area and moving to Texas at the end of the month, so I was very glad to have the opportunity to see them before they left. Sometimes I am simply in awe of the wonderful people that have touched my life. It is amazing how the simple things can remind you of how blessed you are.


:)

No comments: