29 July 2008

thoughts running thru my frazzeled noggin

Just a few quick notes to share to help me clear my mind...


1) Leo went to the hospital last night with severe stomach pains (that's better than chest pains, right?). After a battery of tests they confirmed it wasn't kidney stones or appendicitis; he was sent home and told to contact the doctor who has performed his previous GI surgeries. Judea said he wasn't in as much pain this morning--that's good. We'll have to wait to see what the Dr. says...say a prayer that it is nothing serious please...


2) My small work group of 5 people is taking on the development of global electronics software process (which will be both CMMI and SPICE compatible for you techno geeks). Although this is an AWESOME opportunity, it is also a HUGE responsibility--not to mention a GIANT stress. Lots of little odds and ends to wrap up before the effort gets formally kicked off at the end of FY08. Oh yeah, as a result there is a distinct possibility that I may be going to Bulgaria on an expat assignment. I'm all for it, especially knowing someone very dear to me may be across the pond too at that time...


3) One more step (semi) accomplished in the home decorator front...When I bought my bedroom furniture I was limited to the space in my apartment. Now that I've been in the condo (= much more room) for a few years I've wanted to add another piece to the set. Currently, I have the following armoire and dresser + mirror.


These lovely pieces are part of the Stanley Preface collection, which now that I want more of, is discontinued. (something about Murphy....) Anywho while picking up the groceries last night, I wondered through the clearnce area and found a 4 drawer chest of drawers, not quite as big as I wanted, but of matching maple (real wood top, drawer fronts and sides), on clearance for $80! I just need to swing into the hardware store and get the matching drawer pulls tonight. Definite score.

4) I'm a bit behind on my contract work--I have an assignment I need to complete before I leave for Greece...which is another topic I'll have to update you on another day as I am running late to go to lunch with Aimee.

ta-ta 4 now

:)

2 comments:

Elenbga said...

I hope Leo's doing okay! I'll be including him in my prayers.

Em said...

I hope Leo is doing ok...any word? Saying a prayer for all of you.